By Doren Aldana
I recently received an inquiry from one of our Gold Members in Toronto who asked, “Any unique business cards you’ve come across? Something creative?”
It just so happens, this question came at the perfect time because I was already planning on featuring a really cool, totally unique, “Money” business card on this blog. I can’t think of a business card that has more WOW factor than this one. Check out the photo below and you’ll see what I’m talking about.
Here’s a quick story for you…
Last month, I was flown out to Toronto to deliver a one-hour marketing presentation for about 250 mortgage brokers at the annual IMBA Trade Show and Convention. Well, I figured I’d try out my own custom version of these “money cards” and see what kind of reaction I’d get. As you might expect, the response was amazing! Every time someone would hand me their business card, I’d reach into my pocket, pull out what looked like a fat stack of hundreds in a real money clip and calmly pull out what looked like a bundle of three hundred dollar bills folded over. I wish you could have been there to see people’s reactions! I had one guy say, “I don’t need your money”, only to realize a moment later that it was a card not cash. Another person said, “Wow! How did you do that?” I must say, it’s a lot of fun to be outrageously unique!”
Here’s a “mortgage-specific version” of the card I was using…
Let me break down each key component of this card so you can get a “behind the scenes” understanding of why it’s so effective:
1. Fold Effect – as you can see, it can be folded up so it looks like a fat wad of $100 bills folded over. Imagine how your prospects will react when you hand them one of these cards! They won’t throw this one out.
2. Uniqueness – unlike so many other plain Jane vanilla mortgage cards out there, this one will make you STAND OUT from the clutter.
3. Attention Grabbing Headline – the question, “Need a mortgage?” is a good one because it hooks the readers’ mind and grabs their attention. If they do indeed need a mortgage they’ll be inspired to read the rest of the card.
4. Identify Their Need – notice the series of questions in the first paragraph designed to identify their problems or needs. These could have been positioned as a laundry list of bullet points but in this case we’ve used questions to draw the reader in (with empathy).
5. Unique Advantages – if you can’t tell the reader why they should chose you over any and every other option available to them, you shouldn’t be in business.
So, there you have it. The bottom line is this: If you can create a business card that gets people to say, “WOW!” your chances of winning the sale (or referral) go way up!
NOTE: If you’d like to get your own custom-made version of these “money cards”, I’ve arranged to get you special preferred pricing on these cards. You’ll be amazed how affordable they are. I paid under $150 for 500 cards!
Request a Quote to Get Your Very Own “Money Business Cards”
BTW – What do you think of this post? Did you find it valuable? Please submit your feedback below. I love feedback!